Block::fromBuffer use move semantics
Change signature of
static bool Block::fromBuffer(..., Block&);
static std::tuple<bool, Block> Block::fromBuffer(...);
Old syntax becomes deprecated after this API change.
#5 Updated by Junxiao Shi over 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
#7 Updated by Junxiao Shi over 4 years ago
In reply to @Alex's review comment:
I see no rush in merging this.
The Change is uploaded in full compliance with project policy.
There's no reason for ANY delay.
It is a rush to merge this Change, and any other completed Change that complies with project policy.
I prefer this commit to be merged much later, closer to the release of 0.4.
The deprecation notice sent to ndn-lib and nfd-dev is a promise that this Change will merge on a date shortly after the deadline.
There's no reason for ANY further delay.
At least not until we synchronize/path ndnSIM 2.0.
- ndn-cxx-breaks has proven that this Change does not break ndnSIM https://travis-ci.org/yoursunny/ndn-cxx-breaks/builds/53906392.
- If there's a hidden issue, it should have been raised BEFORE the deadline as a reply-all to the deprecation notice.
- If there's a hidden issue, the relevant Bug should be created in ndnSIM and that Bug should block this Feature, and this should have been done BEFORE the deadline.
Therefore, I request to merge this Change now.
Otherwise, my further contribution to ndn-cxx will be throttled until this Change is merged.
(there was rant here; it's now hidden)
#10 Updated by Junxiao Shi over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
I'm sorry but ndn-cxx-breaks didn't detect that NFD is still using a deprecate overload in
I'll upload the fix in one hour, and refine ndn-cxx-breaks to avoid the same problem.
#11 Updated by Junxiao Shi over 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Code review
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
NFD fix: http://gerrit.named-data.net/1857
ndn-cxx-breaks didn't catch the problem because it builds NFD in release mode so warnings aren't errors.
It now builds NFD in debug mode, and catches the error as expected: https://travis-ci.org/yoursunny/ndn-cxx-breaks/builds/54129155.