Expose ioService to app
ndn::Node::ioService_ should be exposed to application,
so that application can make use of async IO and timers.
Without this feature,
- app has to create a separate thread for its own async IO and timers
- or, NDN client cannot process events promptly if app doesn’t invoke
In libccn, equivalent feature exists as:
Updated by Junxiao Shi over 7 years ago
ndn::Node::Node(const ptr_lib::shared_ptr<Transport>& transport, const ptr_lib::shared_ptr<boost::asio::io_service> &ioService); allows the app to pass in its own
This is better design than my proposal above.
ndn::Face::getAsyncService does not exist.
And the comments of this function should state that
boost::asio::io_service::run is an acceptable alternative to
Updated by Alex Afanasyev over 7 years ago
- Subject changed from expose ioService to app to Expose ioService to app
- Due date set to 01/24/2014
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Estimated time set to 1.00 h
I haven't yet finished updating Face abstraction, but I have a preliminary commit in gerrit for that. Will revise and commit it soon.