CNL in the NDN networking environments¶
This documents use case requirements for how the Common Name Library API could be used in different NDN networking environments.
Provide a layer internal to the app that allows one to code in clear text but publish/consume encrypted names in a name space.
- Assume that the first few name components are not encrypted, for routing, and the consumer and producer share info to encrypt the other name components.
- What is the API to specify the information needed for the CNL to encrypt name components? (Haitao will investigate.)
Building Management Systems¶
Provide the in-memory representation and enable the filtering the names of large databases of BMS measurements.
- Assume that ChronoSync is used to synchronize the name space.
- For starters, use NDN name regex from the security library as is for matching.
- What are the messages that ChronoSync exchanges to synchronize? (Zhehao will flesh out some initial ideas.)
Provide an in-memory representation of the pub/sub namespace to track the information needed for behind-the-scenes subscription management.
- Need to track the current value of a variable (like position) and be notified of updates. Notifications can be triggered by update rate, by minimum change in value, or others.
What is an abstracted way to provide the CNL API with when to notify of updates to a value? (Eitan has a paper on this.)
Need to get a notification when names change under a node in the tree: Name added, deleted. Also, timeouts or application NACK when there is no update. Assume there is one "catchall" callback for all types of notification.
What information is provided in the callback? Is it similar to the browser DOM or other existing system? (Eitan will investigate.)
Provide improved sync support between conference participants.