Update year 2015 in copyright notices
Given we crossed to 2015, the copyright notices needs to get updated to
* Copyright (c) 2014-2015, Regents of the University of California,
- Subject changed from Update year in copyright notices to Update year 2015 in copyright notices
- Category set to Build
- Estimated time set to 1.00 h
README-dev.md should be updated as part of this Task.
I'm unsure about whether it's necessary to update ALL files.
I don't see other open source projects do that.
According to this tweet, only files changed in this year need to contain new copyright year.
- Assignee deleted (
I can go either way. You refused to update the copyright year on the pending task, which triggered creation of this issue. I'm fine updating files as we modify them.
Within this Task:
README-dev.md with the new template
- update all files that are already modified in 2015
After this commit is merged, all future updated files must carry the new template.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Alex Afanasyev
I intend to modify template to exclude specific mentioning of the year or copyright holders. README-dev cannot force any single copyright, it can only suggest the format of the copyright message.
README-dev.md only gives a format,
- create a wiki page where the most current license boilerplate is maintained, so that developers only need to copy from this page
- cite this wiki page from
- Status changed from In Progress to Code review
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
A question about copyright holder section is raised during code review, and is currently being discussed on nfd-dev.
A decision on this question is needed before this Task can proceed.
- Status changed from Code review to In Progress
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
I'll keep this issue open until the 0.3 release (I'm sure we will forget to update some files).
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
note-8 condition is fulfilled.
Also available in: Atom