Validator throws exception when getting back a Data packet that is not a certificate
I find this problem when testing NDNS, where validator requests certificate from NDNS.
When validator receives back anything but a valid certificate, it throws an exception "BER decode error", which causes some applications to unexpectedly fail.
It is not possible to handle this exception inside the application, as it is getting thrown from the inside of Face::processEvents() loop.
Updated by Alex Afanasyev almost 7 years ago
- Subject changed from Validator throws exception when getting a NDNS-NACK to Validator throws exception when getting back a Data packet that is not a certificate
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Security
- Assignee set to Yingdi Yu
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to v0.3