Develop self-learning for broadcast and ad hoc wireless faces
NDN self-learning is initially defined for point-to-point links only.
An important scenario for NDN self-learning in NFD is on wireless channels, such as ad hoc WiFi networks among Android devices.
Thus, the protocol definition and implementation shall be extended to support broadcast and ad hoc wireless faces.
- Blocked by Task #4282: Rename LinkType constants added
- Assignee deleted (
- Assignee set to Md Ashiqur Rahman
I've uploaded a patch to #4284. I believe next would be to translate the Ethernet address or UDP IP address of
NextHop to the
EndpointId when inserting a FIB next hop entry. Where and when this should be done?
During the 7th hackathon, Junxiao mentioned that the endpointId is already there in the transport. However, I can't find where the translation between the addresses to the 64 bit endpointId is going on? For UDP/TCP transport, I can see they are already doing this but for Ethernet transport, I don't see that.
- Subject changed from Design self-learning for broadcast and ad hoc wireless faces to Develop self-learning for broadcast and ad hoc wireless faces
- Description updated (diff)
- Parent task deleted (
- Blocked by Feature #4283: Refactor Ethernet unicast communication added
- Blocked by Feature #4842: EndpointId in PIT in-record and out-record added
- Blocked by Feature #4849: EndpointId in forwarding and Strategy API added
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version changed from v0.7 to v0.8
- Blocked by deleted (Feature #4283: Refactor Ethernet unicast communication)
- Blocked by deleted (Task #4282: Rename LinkType constants)
- Tracker changed from Task to Feature
Also available in: Atom