nrd: remote prefix registration
On an end host connected to a gateway router,
nrd should perform remote prefix registration when an application registers a Route within a prefix under the gateway router's site prefixes.
- This feature is only enabled on end hosts. It should be disabled on routers where routing protocol is used.
- Gateway router's site prefixes can be retrieved from the Data packet published by gateway router's
ndn-autoconfig-server. It can be assumed that the site prefixes do not change during end host's connection.
- Only one remote prefix registration shall be sent per prefix, even if there are multiple Routes of the same prefix.
- Unregistration shall be performed when the last Route of a prefix is gone.
- Remote prefix registrations should be periodically refreshed by resending the registration command (with same parameters but new signature). The interval between refreshes is specified in configuration file. The default setting should be equal to
face_system.udp.keep_alive_intervaland less than
#9 Updated by Alex Afanasyev almost 5 years ago
Junxiao, your question is outside the scope of this specific task. If I'm not mistaken, we don't currently restrict this action, so it is technically possible.
The main implementation focus in this task is for a local NFD/NRD sending remote registration requests. Remote registration requests can already be processed by NFD/NRD.