ASF strategy should try an alternative path/s (if available) if a NACK is received
Currently, ASF considers NACK as a timeout. It should instead try an alternative path if NACK is received.
Updated by Davide Pesavento about 1 year ago
- Tracker changed from Task to Feature
- Subject changed from ASF strategy should try an alternative path/s (if available) if a NACK is received. to ASF strategy should try an alternative path/s (if available) if a NACK is received
- Category set to Forwarding
Updated by Saurab Dulal about 1 year ago
Ernest McCracken wrote:
I have implemented this though untested.
Some things to note:
- You don't want to retransmit indefinitely. There needs to a max retries.
- Don't retransmit NACK'd probes.
Do you have your code somewhere?
Also, I have some question regarding max retries and NACK'd probes. I will ask you over the meeting and will post it here afterward.
Updated by Ernest McCracken 10 months ago
Strange I did not get notified of your response.
We do have code but I will have to make sure it can be shown.
Also we modified our design of this. We removed the hop by hop retry on NACK because more thought needs to be had on consequences of intermediate hops doing retransmission.
Instead for now when the client retransmits an interest we ignore NACK's faces.