Redefine ParametersSha256DigestComponent covered area
ParametersSha256DigestComponent is previously defined as a digest over Parameters element. This definition makes it impossible to introduce new elements covered by ParametersSha256DigestComponent in a compatible way.
To improve evolvability, the definition should be updated so that ParametersSha256DigestComponent covers a portion of Interest starting from any TLV element whose TLV-TYPE number falls under a certain range.
#3 Updated by Junxiao Shi 15 days ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Discussion record: https://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/ndn-interest/2019-January/002346.html
Spec update: https://gerrit.named-data.net/5222
Implementation will go together with #4804 and is not part of this issue.
#6 Updated by Jeff Thompson 8 days ago
We have an Interest TLV element called Parameters. And we have a Name component called ParametersSha256DigestComponent, however it isn't just a digest of the Parameters element but includes other elements. So one or the other should be renamed. Some possibilities:
- Rename ParametersSha256DigestComponent to ParametersEtcSha256DigestComponent, since it is a digest of Parameters plus some other stuff. (Jeff T's proposal, but I don't have a strong feeling.)
- Rename the Parameters TLV element to ApplicationParameters.
- Since the other fields are also be considered parameters (processed by ParametersSha256DigestComponent), rename Parameters to ApplicationParameters and also rename SignatureInfo to SignatureInfoParameters, etc.